Project overview The challenge
MindSpot needed a re-design and required that the new website was inviting, accessible and easy to use as it is a gateway to helping people manage and deal with anxiety and depression. The old website wasn’t accessible and didn’t meet the web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG), so the new website would need to address this and make sure the text and colour contrast was at least WCAG 2.1 (AA) compliant.
The other main requirement was for the new website to move away from the old content management system (CMS), meaning a new system would need to be introduced and also adhere to the strict security policy of the organisation.
The newly designed website is more neutral in tone while staying on brand. Imagery was used throughout to break up text while at the same time putting focus and emphasis on content.
The mental health assessments and questionnaires were reworked to make it more interactive, and micro interactions were used where it added value to the user, such as visual animated feedback prior to assessment results and also the transitions between question screens.
The content pages were re-worked to put emphasis on the subject matter while adhering to WCAG (AA) requirements. I took account our users and made sure the site was accessible regardless of disability while making sure it still looked and function great on tablets and mobile.
I had to propose and present a couple of content management solutions and present a list of pros and cons for each before deciding on the final product framework, which I used to build out the final site and then hand over to MindSpot.
The website redesign and development were done in conjunction with Macquarie University and MindSpot.